Before the Visit
Frequently Asked Questions
• Do you offer ticket discounts?
• How can I get tickets for a sold out performance?
• Where can I return tickets?
• How are the performances are organized?
• What should I wear?
• Does the show go on even if it rains?
• Help! I lost my engagement ring!
• I’m in a wheelchair, how can I buy tickets?
• Does my child need a ticket if they’ll be sitting on my lap?
• parking for VIP ticket holders;
• transportation restrictions.
• A trip by “rail motor coach” to the end station in Litomyšl is a romantic all-day trip; however, we tend to recommend traveling to the Česká Třebová station by certain domestic “fast trains” or trains on international routes.
• From Česká Třebová, you can continue on by Shuttle service, taxi, or bus.
Shuttle service Škoda Auto
• We offer festival ticket holders free transportation from accommodation within 20 km of Litomyšl’s surrounding area and from the Česká Třebová train station.
catering and dinning
Where to dine
• A tiny Litomyšl is quite crowded during the festival. Please don’t hesitate to book your tables in advance.
• Very busy restaurants usualy also mean some longer waiting. Please take your seats in your restaurant at least two hours before your performance starts.
• Let your guests have a glass of sparkling wine and a light snack at your private table in castle’s gardens.
• Prior the show at the castle courtyard or at its intermissions.
• All during the weekend and on weekday evenings, you can try out the menu of the outdoor restaurant in the Festival Gardens – including its grill.
Back home after the performance
• A quick trip home by evening train can be an alternative to accommodation.
• Right after the performance, we can bring you to the Česká Třebová train station by Shuttle service.
Refreshments on the Grounds
• Before the start of a performance at the castle or during intermission, it’s possible to utilize the bars in the courtyard or you can avoid the lines by booking an intermission table.
Children at the Festival
• If you would just like to sample a performance with children, you are welcome to a spot in the castle arcade for a symbolic admission price.
• The Festival Gardens program includes evening concerts of classical music in a pleasantly casual environment that are of a length that even the smallest onlookers can appreciate. Look for “Evening Classical” in the Festival Gardens program.
TIP: Have your festival catalogue or a programme leaflet to your show
What to wear
• Even though customs change over time and they’re not the same around the world, formal clothing is still appropriate here.
• During open-air programs, it is necessary to consider evening temperatures.