Before the Visit
How to Purchase Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions
• Do you offer ticket discounts?
• How can I get tickets for a sold out performance?
• Where can I return tickets?
• How are the performances are organized?
• What should I wear?
• Does the show go on even if it rains?
• Help! I lost my engagement ring!
• I’m in a wheelchair, how can I buy tickets?
• Does my child need a ticket if they’ll be sitting on my lap?
• A trip by “rail motor coach” to the end station in Litomyšl is a romantic all-day trip; however, we tend to recommend traveling to the Česká Třebová station by certain domestic “fast trains” or trains on international routes.
• From Česká Třebová, you can continue on by Shuttle service, taxi, or bus.
Shuttle service Škoda Auto
• We offer festival ticket holders free transportation from accommodation within 20 km of Litomyšl’s surrounding area and from the Česká Třebová train station.
catering and dinning
• A three-course menu with wine right at the castle’s premises.
• 90 min prior the show at the castle courtyard.
• Let your guests have a glass of sparkling wine and a light snack at your private table in castle’s gardens.
• Prior the show at the castle courtyard or at its intermissions.
garden restaurant and sushi
• All during the weekend and on weekday evenings, you can try out the menu of the outdoor restaurant in the Festival Gardens – including its grill.
• For evenings at the castle, you can also pre-order nicely arranged boxes full of fresh sushi, prepared by the acclaimed Továrna na SUSHI directly in the castle carriage house.
Back home after the performance
Refreshments on the Grounds
• Before the start of a performance at the castle or during intermission, it’s possible to utilize the bars in the courtyard or you can avoid the lines by booking an intermission table.
• It’s also possible to pre-order a nicely arranged box filled fresh sushi, prepared by the acclaimed Továrna na SUSHI directly in the castle carriage house.
Children at the Festival
• If you would just like to sample a performance with children, you are welcome to a spot in the castle arcade for a symbolic admission price.
• The Festival Gardens program includes evening concerts of classical music in a pleasantly casual environment that are of a length that even the smallest onlookers can appreciate. Look for “Evening Classical” in the Festival Gardens program.
TIP: Have your festival catalogue or a programme leaflet to your show
How the performance goes
• Entry to the grounds of castle is allowed 90 minutes
and entry to all festival audiences is allowed 60 minutes prior the
• You often ask us about applause during the performances…
• … and during intermission, you are interested in finding refreshments and the whereabouts of B. Smetana’s birthplace.
What to wear
• Even though customs change over time and they’re not the same around the world, formal clothing is still appropriate here.
• During open-air programs, it is necessary to consider evening temperatures.